Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Useful Counselling websites
- American Counseling Association (US)
- Behavior OnLine (US) - Discussion lists for mental health professionals and other applied behavioural scientists.
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy - Public information, education and training, events, reviews etc.
- British Psychological Society - Professional association for academic, clinical, and other chartered psychologists. Includes details of publications, forthcoming conferences and events.
- Centre for Stress Management Includes articles on a range of issues such as the legal aspects of stress; rational principles; stress counselling, stress management, health, and coronary heart disease.
- ChildLine The free, 24-hour helpline for children and young people in the UK.
- Co-Counselling International (UK) Homepage
- CounsellingResource.com - Information on counselling and psychotherapy from different types of counselling and forms of distress to book reviews, news and links.
- Health & Safety Executive: work-related stress - Information on stress in the workplace.
- International Stress Management Association (UK) Includes articles from Stress News, links to related sites, help with stress, contacts etc.
- Mind The mental health charity.
- Person Centred Therapy Scotland (PCTScotland)
- relate The UK's largest and most experienced relationship counselling organisation.
- The Samaritans
- The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) Includes information on problems and disorders Various counselling practices are on the Internet.
- World Association for Person-Centered and Experiential Psychotherapy and Counseling
- PsycBITE - database for those researching therapeutic treatments for acquired brain injury