Skip to Main Content
Useful entrepreneurship websites
- British Franchise Association
- British Venture Capital Association Advice on raising equity capital and access to research publications.
- Business and self employed Business advice and support service from GOV.UK, including 'Setting up', 'Business advice and support' and 'Business premises and business rates'.
- Entrepreneur (US)
Advice, insight, profiles and guides for established and aspiring entrepreneurs worldwide. Home of Entrepreneur magazine.
- European Commission: enterprise and industry. Information and advice for SMEs including news, publications, legislation and standards, funding, reports and consultations.
- Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (GEM): An annual global comparison assessment of the national levels of entrepreneurial activity and its impact on economic growth. The reports can be downloaded for free.
- Intellectual Property Office: Advice to business on protecting ideas, inventions and logos.
- National Federation of Enterprise Agencies: The parent organisation for all Local Enterprise Agencies, specialising in advice and support for new start-up businesses in England.
- New Business Statistics. Quarterly statistics on new business start-ups based in Scotland that have opened accounts with any of its contributing Banks coordinated by the Committee of Scottish Clearing Bankers (CSCB)
- Scottish Enterprise: Gives advice and information for starting up businesses in Scotland. It includes discussion group, news, events, practical information and training courses.
- UK Business Incubation. UKBI is the membership association of organisations and professionals actively involved in enterprise, innovation and sustainable economic growth.
- UK Science Park Association: Often linked with universities, science parks offer a supportive environment for the small business.