Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Useful entrepreneurship websites
- British Franchise Association
- British Venture Capital Association Advice on raising equity capital and access to research publications.
- Business and self employed Business advice and support service from GOV.UK, including 'Setting up', 'Business advice and support' and 'Business premises and business rates'.
- Entrepreneur (US)
Advice, insight, profiles and guides for established and aspiring entrepreneurs worldwide. Home of Entrepreneur magazine.
- European Commission: enterprise and industry. Information and advice for SMEs including news, publications, legislation and standards, funding, reports and consultations.
- Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (GEM): An annual global comparison assessment of the national levels of entrepreneurial activity and its impact on economic growth. The reports can be downloaded for free.
- Intellectual Property Office: Advice to business on protecting ideas, inventions and logos.
- National Federation of Enterprise Agencies: The parent organisation for all Local Enterprise Agencies, specialising in advice and support for new start-up businesses in England.
- New Business Statistics. Quarterly statistics on new business start-ups based in Scotland that have opened accounts with any of its contributing Banks coordinated by the Committee of Scottish Clearing Bankers (CSCB)
- Scottish Enterprise: Gives advice and information for starting up businesses in Scotland. It includes discussion group, news, events, practical information and training courses.
- UK Business Incubation. UKBI is the membership association of organisations and professionals actively involved in enterprise, innovation and sustainable economic growth.
- UK Science Park Association: Often linked with universities, science parks offer a supportive environment for the small business.